Saturday, February 21, 2009

iCal API for OSX

I really like the way iCal looks as a desktop calendar app. the gui is pleasant and navigating is simple enough. The only part that I have never liked is creating/editing (repeating) events. I find the process of navigating to a date, clicking/dragging(which I find often can't get the precise time interval), then editing the event; which is fairly fast except for making the event repeat(because it requires clicking dragging and drop-down menus).

Seriously, nothing grinds my gears more than switching repeatedly between typing and clicking, and drop-down menus that can't be selected by tabbing. But there is hope.

I recently found the fairly thorough API that apple generously gave developers for interacting with iCal. I'm really psyched to start using it as I learn more about Xcode and Objective C. Although i'm curious if the framework could still be used in RubyCocoa; which I would like to use more often than I do.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dirtylaundry said...

you should just make your own version B, cause you are the everyday hacker that knows what we really need.

hmm what is that hear?.... oh success and money B.

February 21, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home